Carolyn Alford has been serving as a Kalamazoo County Commissioner since 2006!
She is a long-time resident of Kalamazoo and finds it an honor to serve the community of Kalamazoo.
In addition to her many accomplishments while serving as a County Commissioner, she has also been:
- Kalamazoo Public School Board member for 16 years
- NAACP – Humanitarian of the Year – 2010
- YWCA Woman of Achievement – 2007
As the District 1 County Commissioner, she will continue to:
- Increase cooperation between governmental units
- Develop restorative approaches to the challenges of our criminal justice system
- Provide affordable housing opportunities for low income residents
- Work with our educational systems and neighborhoods to reduce barriers to job training and employment
Be a voice in local decision making - vote for Carolyn G. Alford!